Hey my friends,
I turned 40 today. Yippee. No really, I'm certainly happy to be alive. I do treasure every day as a gift, and it's kind of fun seeing what direction the gray hairs sprout out from my head. It looks like I'll have a silver afro before it's all said and done. The wrinkles, the slowing metabolism, the gray-- I'm not really bothered by aging at all except for the whole 'I don't have a husband or children, and at this point, that's looking highly unlikely" part. As I wrote in my song 'On Your Wall,' :
"I may still be blessed with my own child,
a precious soul may pass through me.
But time has yet to turn that way,
so it may not come to be-
it may never come to be...."
So anyways, please spare me your "you're just a baby" crap. Seriously. And I mean this in the best possible way and with all the love in my heart, but you can stuff that.
Instead, I thought I would take the opportunity of my birthday to make some resolutions. New Year's never really does it for me. So here you are:
Inspired by my 40th birthday, I resolve...
- to spend more time with God and for God.
- to spend less time thinking about how badly I need to exercise more.
- to forgive myself for my weaknesses and flaws... and to forgive others for theirs.
- to never compare myself to women with fake boobs and augmented faces.
- to speak the truth... with gentle kindness... but to speak it nonetheless.
- to start a band (*ahem... now accepting applications*)
- to make the perfect gluten free biscuit.
- to quit apologizing when I succeed.
- to spend more time with my dog.
- to wonder more and Google less.
- to live happily within my means.
- to sing with spiritual abandon.
- to dream more.
- to listen more.
- to write more.
- to help more.
- to love more.
Can you dig it? Will you join me? What do you resolve?
Love and Light to you and yours,